Re: [O] org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date vs. org-agenda-todo-ignore-time

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date vs. org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:22:10 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Dnia 2014-08-22, o godz. 21:02:56
> Subhan Michael Tindall <address@hidden> napisał(a):
>
>> > Doesn't this suggest that org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date is
>> > obsolete?
>> It's functionality is subsumed by org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp
>> all, yes. [...]
>
> Well, except that it isn't.  A quick experiment on my agenda showed
> that setting org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp gave more TODOs in the
> global TODO list than setting org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date.  I can
> run further experiments to pinpoint the difference, but maybe somebody
> just *knows* that?

Adding a personal note from my customizations file:

  ╭────
  │ If you don't want to show scheduled items, deadlines nor appointments in
  │ lists, you can use either
  │
  │ - `(org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t)' or
  │ - `(org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'scheduled
'deadline 'timestamp))'.
  │
  │ Though, we could make a performance comparison to see whether one is quicker
  │ than the other.
  ╰────

Best regards,
  Seb