Re: [O] org-crypt doesn't automatically encrypt on save

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [O] org-crypt doesn't automatically encrypt on save
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:03:51 -0300

You need to load org-crypt and call org-crypt-use-before-save-magic
before you open the org file.

For instance, my configuration for org-crypt is
(autoload 'org-decrypt-entry "org-crypt.el" "Decrypt the content of the current
headline." t)
(autoload 'org-decrypt-entries "org-crypt.el" "Decrypt all entries in the
current buffer." t)
(autoload 'org-encrypt-entry "org-crypt.el" "Encrypt the content of the current
headline." t)
(autoload 'org-encrypt-entries "org-crypt.el" "Encrypt all top-level entries in
the current buffer." t)

(with-eval-after-load "org-crypt"
  ;; Automatically encrypts everything that has the tag "crypt"
  ;; when you save the file
  (org-crypt-use-before-save-magic)
  (setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance (quote ("crypt" "Project")))
  (setq org-crypt-key "8NUMBERS")
  (setq org-crypt-disable-auto-save t)
  )

Only this gives the same problem you have. When I decrypt an entry
org-crypt is finally loaded but since I'm already visiting the file then
the save magic will not kick in. In my case I only have one file where I
use org-crypt and I define the function below

(defun my-find-senhas-org-heading nil
  (interactive)
  (require 'org-crypt)
  (find-file "~/org/passwords.org")
  )

If I often used org-crypt in any org file I would always require
org-crypt and call org-crypt-use-before-save-magic in my Emacs
configuration, but since I only use for this particular file, then
defining a function to visit this file works better for me.

--
Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
address@hidden