[O] select-tags in derived backend without effect?

From: Per Unneberg
Subject: [O] select-tags in derived backend without effect?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:33:29 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting exporting notes from my beamer presentations
as articles via use of the beamerarticle package. In some cases, I only
want to export the *notes* to the article. This can be achieved easily
enough by setting #+SELECT_TAGS: B_noteNH B_note, but it would be a
hassle to remove/insert this statement everytime I need/don't need
non-note material. Therefore, I tried defining a derived backend with
the following settings:

 (org-export-define-derived-backend 'beamerarticlenotes 'latex
    :export-block '("LATEX" "TEX")
    :menu-entry
    '(?n "Notes export"
         (
          (?M "As LaTeX buffer (LaTeX notes)" org-latex-export-as-latex)
          (?m "As LaTeX file (LaTeX notes)" org-latex-export-to-latex)
          (?N "As PDF file and open (LaTeX notes)"
              (lambda (a s v b)
                (if a (org-latex-export-to-pdf t s v b)
                  (org-open-file (org-latex-export-to-pdf nil s v b)))))))

    :options-alist
    '(
      (:author "AUTHOR" nil "John Doe" t)
      (:select-tags "SELECT_TAGS" nil "B_noteNH" split)
      )
   )

However, I must be doing something wrong as adding this backend and
running C-c C-e n N on the MWE below does not work. Moreover, the author
name does not change to John Doe, which I included just for testing. I'm
running without startup file (emacs -Q), pointing to release tag
release_8.2.8. Adding #+SELECT_TAGS: B_noteNH and running C-c C-e l o
does give the desired result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Per

MWE:

#+STARTUP: indent beamer
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{beamerarticle}
* Frame
** Block
Block 1

* Notes                                                            :B_noteNH:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: noteNH
:END:
Some notes