Re: [O] Other editors supporting Org-Mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Other editors supporting Org-Mode
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 21:53:15 +0200

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> hymie! writes:
>
>> I would suggest, rather than adapting more editors to support
>> Org, creating a stand-alone program that "compiles" and manages
>> Org functions separate from the act of editing them.
>
> Perhaps the easiest thing would be an emacs configuration that
> makes emacs just an org editor for Word users:

My intended use-case is editing Org syntax in HTML text-areas, and it
would be a marvellous solution to give the users a pre-configured
specialized Emacs(server) and help them to configure their web-brower(s)
to call emacs(client) as an external editor when editing text-areas in
web formulas.

Marvellous, but unfortunately a bit optimistic IMO and too
dangerous. When going this route, it should rather be Zile or Nano or
another preinstalled minimal editor (what would it be on Windows? what
on Apple) without Emac's (destructive) power.

Did anybody on the list tried to extend Zile/Nano/? or their MS Windows
or Apple equivalent, and can share experiences?

Or what about extending TinyMCE (http://www.tinymce.com/) for some Org
syntax support? I don't know how hard this would be, if at all possible,
but from the user-perspective this might be the easiest solution.

--
cheers,
Thorsten