Re: [O] How to change a link?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] How to change a link?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:54:40 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It is a problem to add dependencies to libraries the user must install
>>> himself, and at the same time its a pity that there is so much
>>> duplication instead of reuse ...
>>
>> Very true.  I'm torn inside;).
>>
>>> However, here is a org-dp solution, use 't' instead of 'prepend to
>>> replace the links, and whatever you want instead of "file+emacs" as
>>> replacement. Of course one could easily re-search and replace "[[file:"
>>> in this simple case, but this uses the parser and allows doing more
>>> complex stuff in a clean way too:
>>
>> I'll study it, thanks!
>>

> Why not move org-dp into contrib? It's still a dependency but it's
> easier to satisfy if it's in contrib. Or, if it's deemed useful enough,
> even moved into core (perhaps after some cleanup)?

I should really make it a MELPA package, and org-dp.el seems ready,
while org-dp-lib.el still contains some experimental stuff.  But its
still v0.9, I would really prefer if some people (besides me) actually
(clone the github repo and) use it before I make it v1.0 and a package,
to avoid unpleasant surprises.

--
cheers,
Thorsten