Re: [O] Repeated teaching classes and stopping date

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Repeated teaching classes and stopping date
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 02:03:40 +0000 (UTC)

Rasmus <rasmus <at> gmx.us> writes:

> Also check
> `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift'.

FWIW, I always create a separate subtree, with a single timestamp, for every
class session. Advantages:

- Individual status for each session: DONE, POSTPONED or CANCELED.

- If a single class in a series needs to be rescheduled, it's easy.

- I can add notes under the subtree, to plan for the session or note
important things that happened in class. So then my calendar is not just a
calendar -- it also helps with content organization. (That IMO is the whole
point of org-mode: it's not just a calendar!)

YMMV of course.

hjh