Re: [O] [bug, patch, ox] INCLUDE and footnotes

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug, patch, ox] INCLUDE and footnotes
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 22:21:32 +0100

Hi,

> First `org-footnote-section' could be nil, in which case there is no
> headline to look after.

Sure.

> Also, there may be multiple footnote sections in the included document,
> or even some footnote definitions inside and some outside the single
> section...

Multiple footnote sections are supported in the second revision of the
patch...

> You should only extract the definitions associated to the references
> within the included part of the document. However, you cannot insert
> them right after the included text, as it could break the surrounding
> environment, e.g.,
>
>   - item
>
>     #+INCLUDE: some-table.org
>
> A possible solution would be to somehow postpone insertion of footnotes
> at the very end of the source document, not at the location of the
> keyword. However it would need some testing.

Right, I note something similar in my second post.

       http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/93299

Clearly the current situation is not satisfactory ("You can use :lines,
but only if no footnotes are present. . .  IOW, :lines supports a subset
of Org syntax.").

I prefer converting [fn:N] references to [fn::FOOTNOTE] (see my other
email).  Any obvious downsides?

—Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!