Re: [O] open file link in dired?

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] open file link in dired?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:07:07 -0800

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2014-12-10 10:51, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> please note that I did not read the original message, but does this help?
>>
>> http://mbork.pl/2013-10-06_Links_to_directories_in_Org-mode_files
>
> I think it's different: the goal here is too reveal the file in its
> enclosing directory.
>
> Alan

Yes, that's exactly right.

Alan, I hadn't realized your code would work using the normal
keybindings. I tried it out this morning, and it works perfectly! I
really have been searching around for this kind of thing for a long
time. It seems like many people could find it useful.

For me, I'll construct a list of project files in an org-mode buffer.
Then I'll be able to easily visit those files in a dired directory and
do whatever I need to (usually copying the files to a stick drive or
other portable media to transfer to collaborators).

Thanks again!
Steven