Re: [O] [patch] better(?) indention for cdlatex-environment

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] better(?) indention for cdlatex-environment
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:39:32 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed that this the trick.  The attached patch seems to work nicely and
> takes care of the corner cases I could think of.
>
> I now get the following (desirable) behavior
>
>  - key :: foo | bar
>           baz
> # insert latex-environment with cdlatex
>
>  - key :: foo | bar
>           \begin{ENV}
>           whatever
>           \end{ENV}
>           baz

I don't see how it is desirable. The logical behaviour is to split the
line, unless, of course, docstring clearly specifies this.

AFAICT `cdlatex-environment' splits the line. Is there a particular
reason for `org-cdlatex-environment-indent' to proceed differently?

> Here's another case
> p1
>  - item | item
> p2
> # insert latex-environment with cdlatex
> p1
>  - item  item
>    \begin{equation}
>    \label{eq:9}
>
>    \end{equation}

Ditto.

> +  ;; TODO: Cleanup if quit.  Unfortunately `cdlatex-environment'
> +  ;; always return nil.

What do you want to clean up? In what situations? Can't `unwind-protect'
help you?

> +  (let* (;; Insert environment on next line unless at beginning of line.

Comments starting with ";;" need to be on a line on their own.

> +      (eol
> +       (unless (<= (point)
> +                   (save-excursion (beginning-of-line)
> +                                   (org-skip-whitespace)
> +                                   (point)))

Nitpick:

  (unless (save-excursion (skip-chars-backward " \t") (bolp))
    ...)

> +         (end-of-line) t))
> +      ;; Get correct indention for next line.
> +       (ind (if eol (save-excursion
> +                      (org-return-indent)
> +                      (prog1 (org-get-indentation)
> +                        (unless (or (eobp) (looking-at "[^ \t]"))

Nitpick: (org-looking-at-p "\\S-")

> +                          (kill-whole-line))))

There's no need to pollute the kill ring.

  (delete-region (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position))

Anyway, why bother?