Re: [O] Why not push?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Why not push?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:26:16 +0800

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2015-02-15, at 11:42, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> No. Good luck with refactoring "org.el". ;)
>>
>> Shhh... if you don't say anything, he might go and do it!
>
> ;-)
>
> Actually, not.  (Though it might make a nice student project.  And it
> would be a good idea to do it.)  But I haven't signed the FSF papers.
>
> OTOH, I have a personal project where I devote some amount of time every
> day to read someone else's code.  I started with parts of simple.el, and
> now the time has come for ox-latex (and its dependencies).

Ah well, maybe we'll trick someone else into it :)

My own personal project is to spend a bit of every day working on the
emacs packages that make my computing life possible: Org, Gnus, and
BBDB. I'd prefer to spend most of it on Org, but the fact is that when
your email setup is broken, that always takes priority. Org and Gnus
both suffer (and both benefit) from wild and messy codebases. Org has
Nicolas to help whip it into shape; Gnus doesn't.

If you're just reading code, ox-latex is a great place to start. If
you're fixing code, org-agenda could use some love...

Eric