[O] bug#19887: 24.4; Cannot kill buffer; Wrong type argument: overlayp,

From: Damian Nadales
Subject: [O] bug#19887: 24.4; Cannot kill buffer; Wrong type argument: overlayp, nil
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 07:32:12 +0000

> I cannot reproduce this.  I tried both Emacs 24.4 and the pretest of 24.5.  In
> both cases, Emacs asks me whether to kill a buffer that is modified, and once
> I answer YES, the buffer is killed.

[Damian Nadales]
That's weird. Which buffer are you killing, the Org buffer, or the new buffer
that is created when pressing C-c ' inside the source block? Is the latter the
one I cannot kill.

> Is it possible that you are using Org mode from the Org repository, not the
> one bundled with Emacs?
[Damian Nadales]
I've only installed packages through the emacs package manager, and Org mode
was not one of them. The command ``org-version`` reports:

    Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
/home/dnadales/opt/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org/)

I don't know if there is any other information I could give.

In any case thanks for your time.
-- The information contained in this communication and any attachments is
confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of this
communication or the attachment thereto (if any), the information is provided
on an AS-IS basis without any express or implied warranties or liabilities. To
the extent you are relying on this information, you are doing so at your own
risk. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message
and any attachments. The sender nor the company/group of companies he or she
represents shall be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication, or for any delay in its receipt.