Re: [O] FR: Fontify links even when in comments

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] FR: Fontify links even when in comments
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:10:02 -0500

On 2015-02-24 at 07:53, Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> wrote:
They cannot contain link, nor anything else. However, the feature you describe above was deemed useful enough that `org-open-at-point' sloppily opens anything looking like a link (or a timestamp) within a comment.

However, there is, per syntax, no link there, and I don't think it should be fontified.

AUCTeX has a variable named `LaTeX-syntactic-comments' : ,---- | User option: If non-nil comments will be handled according to LaTeX | syntax. `---- In AUCTeX, it is mainly about filling and indentation, but in Org it could mean "let the usual (interactive) commands pretend we're not in a comment". If Org is to adopt such a variable, it could fontify according to what the interactive commands will do.

Would that be acceptable ? It could be made a minor mode.

It would certainly be acceptable to me...

 -k.