Re: [O] Org-Mode and Mac OS X advice

From: Mike McLean
Subject: Re: [O] Org-Mode and Mac OS X advice
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:02:46 -0400

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Chris Willard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello All,

I am thinking about changing to a Mac from Windows and wanted to check
that there are no issues with using org-mode in OS X.

No problems here; including exports to PDF via LaTeX.

I would like to know what version of Emacs people use (e.g. Aquamacs)
and also if there are any issues using org-mode on a Mac. For example,
I export to PDF frequently so would like to know if I need any other
software for this.

I use native Gnu Emacs from Homebrew. I've alternated between release and --HEAD in the past; I'm currently using a release version and not the Git Master.

$ brew info emacs
emacs: stable 24.4 (bottled), devel 24.4-dev, HEAD
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.4 (3922 files, 119M) *
  Built from source with: --cocoa, --with-gnutls
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/emacs.rb

 I use MacTex for the Tex/LaTeX pieces.

Many thanks,

Chris