Re: [O] attachments in parent

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] attachments in parent
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:06:03 +0100

Hi all,

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
> As it seems, attachments are not found when they are attached to
> a parental header.  Is that on purpose?
>
> IMO, it would be nice if attachments would be searched for up the
> hierarchy as well.  The attachment directory is not inherited, as
> it seems.

I was reminded off-line that there is a
property (`ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT') controlling this behaviour.

I have even set that property in the past but only when I had
explicitly set the attachment directory as well.

Anyway, for future reference here is the MWE again, this time
working as expected:

* Example
** Test Attachments                                                  :ATTACH:
:PROPERTIES:
:Attachments: sample_attachment.pdf
:ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: t
:ID:       B1024BF6-48F1-4300-9D0D-831A410BB40B
:END:

[[att:sample_attachment.pdf][This]] is found.

*** In Subsections

[[att:sample_attachment.pdf][This]] is also found.

Sorry for the noise,
Andreas