Re: [O] Links in #+caption: lines

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Links in #+caption: lines
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 06:48:50 -1000

Aloha Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Aloha all,
>>
>> Links in #+caption: lines are shown as literal links.  IIRC, they used
>> to show as descriptive links.  Has this changed, or is my memory faulty?
>>
>> In any case, I'd like them to be descriptive links to keep the
>>
>> #+caption: lines as short as possible.
>
> Maybe it's an effect of 37d2a2d1cfa58c5334eec4f7fbabc4a2f313ab33?  Cf.
>
>       http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/95415
>
> In any case, unless links can be fortified in captions, I think current
> behavior is OK.  "Hidden" links are worse, IMO.

I don't know if it is an effect of 37d2a2d.  I'm also seeing a different
background for captions, similar to the background the emacs 24 starter
kit gives me for #+begin_src and #+end_src lines.

I use links for citations, which frequently appear in captions when I
specify the source of data, etc.  The paper I'm working on now looks a
bit ungainly in the Org mode buffer due to the literal links in captions
and the weird backgrounds.

If it is necessary to choose between literal links in macros or
descriptive links in captions, perhaps there could be a switch for users
like you and me who use one but not the other?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye