Re: [O] org-publish-project yields "Eager macro-expansion failure"

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-publish-project yields "Eager macro-expansion failure"
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:47:45 -0400

Julien Chastang <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.
>
> Frequently, when I try to org-publish-project, I get a "Eager
> macro-expansion failure"
>
> The message buffer and backtrace are available here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/julienchastang/98b268e9601882d8d81c
>
> Indeed, I can simply reproduce this problem by calling
>
> (load-with-code-conversion "<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el"
> "<path>/elpa/org-20150615/ox-html.el" nil t)
>
> which gets called somewhere  in the org-publish-project invocation
> (see backtrace). So I am concluding the error has nothing to do with
> my project.
>
> What can I do to publish my project again?
>
> Many thanks.

Can you try with uncompiled code? See

(info "(org) Feedback")

for how to do that.

There are two possibilities:

o you'll still get the error, but the backtrace will be much
  more informative.
o you will not get the error - IME, problems that disappear when
  run with uncompiled code are harder to debug. But that would still
  be interesting information.

In the latter case, a minimal example that triggers the error would
be useful.

--
Nick