Re: [O] HTML/images zipped?

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] HTML/images zipped?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:05:29 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:13:19 +0200
Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Rasmus,

> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Klein <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > please find an experimental htmlzip exporter attached.
>
> Cool!
>
> I don't know if you indent to make this an extension to org or for
> this to be a quick hack to solve a particular issue.

I thought about aiming for contrib, but if it turns out not to be too
invasive I'll probably ask for inclusion in ox-html.

> If the former: Shouldn't this rather be something that is configurable
> from via a keyword in ox-html or more logically via ox-publish (which
> can consist of several files)?  If so, you could store the list of
> files in the info communication channel rather than
> org-htmlzip--image-list.

Hmm, I think for individual files C-c C-e h a(rchive) and an option for
publishing (e.g. in org-publish-project-alist)

> The command used for compression should be configurable.
 Yes, per org-publish-project-alist and global at least, I think.
 Could be I'd need to `register' (e.g.
 org-export-archivers-alist) compressions commands in .emacs, so
 a #+OPTION doesn't get too complicated (I'd think something like
 `z:tgz' is acceptable, but e.g. `z:'("tar" "-jcvf") is not...

> Also, if the point is to produce an offline version, you should also
> include scripts and css files.

Agreed.

I'll see how far I get in the next couple of days.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Best regards
Robert