Re: [O] email ui choices?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] email ui choices?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:22:56 -0400

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Juergen Christoffel <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 07:10:20AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
[...]
(defun mime-send-mail ()
"org-mime-subtree and HTMLize"
(interactive)
(org-mark-subtree)
;; wish I could get the PARENT headline here!
;; then figure out how to set subject to that headline!

Matt,

you can get to the PARENT headline like this:

(defun org-inspect ()
 (interactive)
 (org-mark-subtree)
 (save-excursion
   (re-search-backward "^\\* ")
   (message (nth 4 (org-heading-components)))
   (sit-for 2)))

and still have your marked subtree afterwards. Inserting these as headers
should be possible:
- set up a buffer with your subtree
- go to the beginning of the buffer
- add To: <your target address>
- add Subject: <the heading component>
- add empty line

Call (mail-send-and-exit) to send the message. Tested in Aquamacs under
OSX with its defaults, this brought up a Thunderbird [*] window with the To
and Subject filled in from the buffer.
Selecting another MUA via Emacs' variables might work the same.

Huh, that is totally cool.  Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing with a mime/multipart message? WHen I try to run org-mime-htmlize first, thunderbird doesn't recognize the parts.

        --jc

[*] Yes, while I use mutt, Thunderbird is, for organizational reasons, my
unbeloved default mailer on this machine.

--
 A great many of today's security technologies are "secure" only because
 no-one has ever bothered attacking them. -- Peter Gutmann