Re: [O] Insert org-id Link at Point via Outline Path Completion

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] Insert org-id Link at Point via Outline Path Completion
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 20:36:32 +0300

John, this is superb!

thx so much it answers all my needs, what a great find :)

kind regards

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:33 PM, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
(helm-org-agenda-files-headings) seems to do this already for all
headlines in your agenda files. the third action is to insert a link to
the selected headline.

You can use let to temporarily define the org-agenda-files list to what
you want, and just use the (helm-org-agenda-files-headings) command for
non-agenda files.

e.g.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun insert-heading-link (dir)
  "select a headline from org-files in dir and insert a link to it."
  (interactive  (list (read-directory-name "Directory: ")))
  (let ((org-agenda-files (f-entries
                           dir
                           (lambda (f)
                             (string=
                              "org"
                              (file-name-extension f)))
                           t)))
    (helm-org-agenda-files-headings)))
#+END_SRC

gives me a helm buffer to select headlines from org-files in the
directory I select and when I press f3 (for the third
action), it inserts a link to the selected headline. It does the file
finding recursively, so you might not want to run this on /  ;)

You could bind it to a key for easy use.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F