Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:30:40 +0100

On Tuesday, 25 Aug 2015 at 16:18, John Kitchin wrote:
> That looks very cool. Do you use it?

yes but only when I have a large enough monitor, e.g. on my 24" portrait
monitor I use for writing.

it can be useful every now and again, especially as I have both org
documents and emails trawled for keywords.  The email aspect is not as
good as it could be due to people including all previous emails in
replies so there is a lot of duplication.  I tend to start the agent
when I start writing a paper or a grant proposal and then forget about
it until I need to find something.  I then look at what remem is
suggesting just in case.

Other than screen space, it doesn't get in the way.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-176-g45abec