[O] Bug: org-capture-refile doc inconsistency, refile bug [8.3.1 (8.3.1-

From: Jan Seeger
Subject: [O] Bug: org-capture-refile doc inconsistency, refile bug [8.3.1 (8.3.1-129-ga7c8d2-elpaplus @ /home/jeeger/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20150921/)]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 13:59:34 +0200

Greetings!

I've discovered that org-capture-refile's documentation states that
org-capture-refile finalizes the buffer first, and then refiles the
entry. This is incorrect, the implementation of org-capture-refile
first refiles the entry and then calls org-capture-finalize.

While this is a small inconsistency, it leads to errors with
org-finalize: The cursor possition during finalization is that of the
entry before the refile, while normally, the cursor is positioned at
the start of the newly inserted entry when org-capture-finalize is
called. This leads to superfluous newlines, and possibly other
problems, such as timestamps and checkboxes not being updated.

I've fixed this bug for me by reversing the order of finalization and
refiling, as stated in the documentation. I've attached a patch to do
this, but I'm not entirely sure about the side effects caused by the
patch. The test suite does pass though. If someone could weigh in on
this, I'd be grateful!

Regards,
Jan

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-22 on bean
Package: Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-129-ga7c8d2-elpaplus @
/home/jeeger/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20150921/)