Re: [O] [RFC] Draft mode

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Draft mode
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:01:30 +0200

On 2015-09-27, at 20:39, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The following patch implements a draft mode for export. When in draft
>> mode, invalid macros and links do not throw an error. It can be toggled
>> with `org-export-as-draft' variable, or using C-d in export dispatch.

I would welcome this feature...

> Can this just be a variable set by BIND or publish?  The interest of such
> functionality seems to be limited to people who maintain
> broken-but-soon-to-be-fixed documents...  It does not seem to warrant
> prime real estate in the exporter IMO. Further, I don't think 'draft' is
> the correct word for this, but that's of course minor.
>
>> It introduces a backward incompatible change since it modifies signature
>> from `org-export-as' and alike.
>
> Doesn't seem worth it.

...but I agree with the above.

Also, wouldn't it be even better if there were some buffer - like
(La)TeX's log file - accumulating all the errors/warnings from the
exporting process?  Then, the above behavior could be the default, but
it would produce warnings.  Or it might depend on some setting.

> Rasmus

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski