[O] Suggestion about org-babel: executing source block asynchronously

From: kuangdash
Subject: [O] Suggestion about org-babel: executing source block asynchronously
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 04:54:34 +0800

Sometime I will run source block (such as python) which take a long time before I  get the final result.

Then I thought about whether or not the source block can be executed asynchronously, and the answer is ‘YES’.

But it seems to be difficult for me to hack the code, so I just talk about the process of it:

1)      When execute source block, cover it up with the “executing” overlay.

2)      When get the final result, get the “executing” overlay position.

3)      Add the result below the “executing” overlay position, and then remove the overly.

It can be done!  How about it?

Regards