[O] Links in comments

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Links in comments
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:54:25 -0400

Hi,

This question has come up a few times on emacs.stackexchange so I was curious if the more experienced org-mode users had a solution to this.. or if a fix is needed to resolve this issue.

Referenced emacs.stackexchange questions:

The issue if that if there is a link in an org-mode commented line like below:

* Links in comments
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
# This is a [[http://orgmode.org][link]] in a comment.
#+END_EXAMPLE
# This is a [[http://orgmode.org][link]] in a comment.

the link gets completely camouflaged as seen below.

Inline image 3

The only way I know that that's a link is if I toggle the visible-mode or hover over that link with mouse (as below).

Inline image 1

Solutions??
- Different face for such links within comments? Or let the link face supersede comment face?
- Option to not collapse links within comments?

What do you guys think?

--
Kaushal Modi