[O] Comment lines interfere with figure options

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: [O] Comment lines interfere with figure options
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:23:16 -0400

If I have some org-mode content that looks like this...

#+NAME: fig-myimage
#+CAPTION: Caption of Figure
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm
#+RESULTS: myimage
[[file:images/myimage.png]]

then I get a centered figure with the appropriate width and caption
when exporting to LaTeX.  If, however, I add a comment (or two)
in-between one of the option-lines...

#+NAME: fig-myimage
#+CAPTION: Caption of Figure
# (this was the original width)
# +ATTR_LaTeX: width 10cm
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 5cm
#+RESULTS: myimage
[[file:images/myimage.png]]

then all of the settings above the comments are lost.  Would it be
difficult to modify org-mode so that comment-lines are ignored when
looking for a block of settings lines that precede an image?  This
seems like sensible behavior to me, and there are cases when it would
be convenient to annotate the options you've used, or to temporarily
replace one option-line with another by commenting one out.