Re: [O] org-capture templates broken?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture templates broken?
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 13:51:31 -0500

The issue got fixed when I changed the below in my local.mk file and
rebuilt org:

From

ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = org-mime org-eww

ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = org-eldoc org-mime org-eww

I figured out why I was seeing the problem:

I have org-plus-contrib installed too. So when `package-initialize`
was called, the below bare form in org-eldoc.el (installed via
org-plus-contrib) got evaluated too:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook #'org-eldoc-load)

I like to have both stable and dev version installed so that I can
switch to the stable version in case of emergency. So I have this
snippet in my org setup:

;; If `org-load-version-dev' is non-nil, remove the stable version of org
;; from the `load-path'.
(when (bound-and-true-p org-load-version-dev)
  (when (version<= "25.0" emacs-version) ;
`directory-files-recursively' is not available in older emacsen
      (let ((org-stable-install-path (car (directory-files-recursively
                                           package-user-dir
                                           "org-plus-contrib-[0-9]+"
                                           :include-directories))))
        (setq load-path (delete org-stable-install-path load-path)))))

That basically removes the org-plus-contrib dir from the load-path if
I choose to use the dev version of org-mode. But that still keeps
`org-eldoc-load' in the org-mode-hook.

@Lucas: I would propose to not update the org-mode-hook automatically;
that add-hook should not be bare in the org-eldoc.el. It should be
updated only via a function call.

--
Kaushal Modi