Re: [O] problems with export and :cache

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] problems with export and :cache
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 23:41:49 +0100

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> See the attached patch.  I’ve tried to put all my experience and best
> practices in there; comments are welcome of course.

Thank you. It looks good. Some comments follow.

  (see @ref{var}) => (@pxref{var})

> +results when given the same arguments, and does not touch external resources
> +(like the filesystem or the language’s RNG) in any way.
> +
> +The documentation of the knitr reproducible research package for the R
> +language has some good discussion of issues that may arise when using the
> +cache in such a context.  See @uref{http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/cache/},
> +especially the sections “Even more stuff for cache?” and “Reproducibility
> +with RNG”.

Shouldn't this be : ``Even more stuff for cache?''. Ditto for the other
title.

> (Obviously, you will have to abstract away from the knitr
> +implementation details which the documentation also discusses.)

I think this last paragraph could go in a footnote at the end of the
paragraph before it.

(see @ref{Noweb reference syntax}) => (@pxref{Noweb reference syntax})

> +expanded when calculating whether the text of the code block has changed.
> +Perhaps in principle they ought to be, but this could introduce unexpected
> +complexity.  See @uref{http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/79046}.
> +
> +The @code{:cache} header argument can have one of two values: @code{yes} or
> address@hidden