Re: [O] Changes to contrib

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Changes to contrib
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 22:16:17 +0100

Hi,

Kosyrev Serge <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>> Serge Kosyrev <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I'm not sure how wise it would be to raise barriers for contribution,
>>> given the current state of the thing..
>>
>> I don't know what state you refer to.
>
> Well, I couldn't use it, without significant tweaking.
>
> It feels as if the thing doesn't have a maintainer and slowly decomposes.

The question is whether there's any desire down the road to move this
backend to core?  Given that I don’t know that paper status of two former
contributors, and nobody chimed in, it’s likely that that race is already
done.

> The question is.. the only documentation for ox-taskjuggler that exists
> in Worg, seems to only cover the surface aspects of export -- none of
> the existing documentation touches on the multitude of details that the
> existing code does involve itself with.

OK.  There should be docstring and potentially comments, if necessary.
Worg is a separate issue.

> I do, indeed -- and they are undocumented in a matter that is similar to
> the 80% of pre-existing properties.

OK.  It would be better to have some sort of documentation there, but
that’s a separate bug.

>> You use string-join, which is in subr-x.  I think subr-x was not a
>> dependency before.
>
> Oh, indeed -- missed that!
>
> What should I do about it?

I’d just use mapconcat TBH, since it’s just one place as I recall.

    (equal (string-join '("a" "b") " ")
           (mapconcat 'identity '("a" "b") " "))

> Understood, will rename, then.

Thanks.  And thanks for working on this!

Rasmus

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments