Re: [O] department logo/header image in koma/latex export?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] department logo/header image in koma/latex export?
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 13:48:45 +0000

On Saturday,  5 Dec 2015 at 12:16, Xebar Saram wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i am looking into using koma and orgmode to export to recommendation
> letters.
> Does anyone have an example of adding a department logo/header image to the
> top of the page and/or bottom?

You can redefined \firsthead and/or \firstfoot to whatever you want them
to be in your own LCO file for koma letters.  For instance, I have the
following in my firsthead:

#+begin_src latex
  \firsthead{%
    ~

\vspace*{1cm}\hspace*{-2cm}\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth]{/home/ucecesf/synced/cartas/ucl-line-logo}

    \vspace*{-4cm}
    \usekomavar{fromaddress}

    \usekomavar{fromname}

   }
#+end_src

> i have zero latex knowledge so this maybe trivial :)

Nontrivial with or without LaTeX knowledge...

My magical incantation above, requiring moving backwards in the page, is
because the UCL logo for letterheads is the full width of the page.

I specify the LCO to use in the org file with

  #+lco: fraga

The other alternative in LaTeX is to use the textpos package which
allows you to place arbitrary text boxes anywhere on the page.

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-363-g5c13a6