Re: [O] Problem with org-export--delete-comments

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-export--delete-comments
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 22:12:32 +0000

Hi Nicolas and Ethan,

> Hello,
>
> Ethan Ligon <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've long used the following construction for displayed equations in org
>> #
>> \[
>>     u_i(c)=p_i\lambda
>> \]
>> #
>> which (i) gives nice space for reading equations in the org-source, and
>> (ii) nicely protects the display equation from (fill-paragraph) and
>> friends.
>>
>> However, exporting with this construction *stopped* working after commit
>> 53a4209; what happens now is that ox.el replaces the # with a blank line,
>> breaking my single paragraph into  three.
>
> I see only one paragraph above. Could you elaborate a bit?

I think the problem is in the exported latex file rather than in the org
document.  While the org document indeed has one paragraph the exported
latex file does not.  I can reproduce this.

With this org document:

* Test

I've long used the following construction for displayed equations in org
#
\[
    u_i(c)=p_i\lambda
\]
#
which (i) gives nice space for reading equations in the org-source, and
(ii) nicely protects the display equation from (fill-paragraph) and
friends.

I get this latex doc (relevant part only):

\section{Test}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}

I've long used the following construction for displayed equations in org

\[
    u_i(c)=p_i\lambda
\]

which (i) gives nice space for reading equations in the org-source, and
(ii) nicely protects the display equation from (fill-paragraph) and
friends.

I agree that the paragraph should not be broken in the exported
document.  There are also other use cases for comments inside
paragraphs.

[ ... ]

Regards,
Andreas