Re: [O] Breaking up long #+TBLFM line?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Breaking up long #+TBLFM line?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:48:57 +0100

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

[snip: Loris' whinging and Karl's response (24 lines)]

>> However, I still don't like the long #+TBLFM, although it's not going to
>> kill me.
>>

> That's good, because I think you'll have to live with it :-)
>
> There is support for multiple TBLFM lines, but not in the way you want:
> they are alternatives, rather than cumulative - see
>
> (info "(org) Editing and debugging formulas")
>
> the section entitled "Using multiple #+TBLFM lines".

I was aware of this and have found it useful.

However, it seems a little inconsistent that some options, like
'#+OPTIONS' or '#+LATEX_HEADER', are cumulative whereas others, like
'#+TBLFM', are not.  Is there a logic to this that I am overlooking?  If
not, is there an overview of how the different options behave?

Cheers,

Loris