Re: [O] org-player and switch to lexical binding in org.el

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-player and switch to lexical binding in org.el
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 23:02:55 +0100

Hi Nicolas

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have no objection, but I suggest to add a big fat FIXME above so as to
> remove it once we release Org 9.1.

I would prefer to keep it much longer for those who do not regularly
update Org. The many cases when Org 9.0 is not part of the update
path. E. g. when a distro will include Emacs 25.1 with Org 8.3.3 (?)
in some time and a user will start with Org of this distro when it has
already some age and again some time later he will update to Org from
master and a compatible Emacs. I guess that more than a few distros
will skip Org 9.0 and more than a few distro users will also skip some
update steps of their distro.

> Also, it should be `user-error', not `error'.

Intermediate patch version attached.

Michael