Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref no bibliography generated in pdf
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 13:08:39 -0500

that is why you don't get bibtex run then ;) try this
(setq org-latex-pdf-process
       '("pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"
         "bibtex %b"
         "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"
         "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"))

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Nikolai <address@hidden> wrote:
Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Saturday,  6 Feb 2016 at 14:42, Nikolai Stenfors wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Org-ref appears to be an excellent reference handling tool for org-mode. I
> > have followed the installation according to org-ref homepage.
> > However, I have problems exporting the org-file to pdf. The generated
> > intermediate latex-file appears visually OK. In the pdf, references are
> > shown as [?] and no bibliography is generated.
>
> What is the setting of org-latex-to-pdf-process?  It looks like bibtex
> was not run, having looked at the LaTeX code that was generated, which
> looks perfectly fine.  Have you looked at the LaTeX log output when
> exporting to PDF?  There will be a buffer with this log.

OK,

pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f

tried to add "bibtex %b" or  "bibtex %o %f" without luck

Nikolai