Re: [O] Bug: incorrect export for LaTeX [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/ema

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: incorrect export for LaTeX [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/emacs25-91/share/emacs/25.0.91/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 20:57:12 +0100

On 2016-03-02, at 22:20, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Fair enough. Do you have a proposal for deeply nested headlines (or
>> items)?
>
> Use this header:

> #+latex_header: \usepackage{enumitem}
> #+latex_header: \setlistdepth{9}
> #+latex_header: \setlist[enumerate]{label=(\arabic*)}
>

> I don’t think we need to do anything.  If we wanted to support this we’d
> probably need to load enumerate (which is not a bad package...).  We have
> worse offenders of manual config.  Local TOCs spring to mind.
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#fn-113

I've just seen this thread, and decided to chime in.  I think that the
situation is fine: such deep nesting of lists should be _actively
discouraged_ IMHO.

While list support in LaTeX is IMO suboptimal (to say the least), and
enumitem is a must for me in most of my documents, four levels of
nesting is even too many (by a factor of 2).  My opinion is that base
LaTeX should limit the nesting to two levels, and a special package
(like enumitem) should be needed to cater for those really strange
documents that need more.  (Yes, they do exist, but are very rare
I believe.)

> Rasmus

Best,

--