Re: [O] how to disable smart-tab only on org headline?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] how to disable smart-tab only on org headline?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:12:41 +0000 (UTC)

Upon closer inspection I see that smart-tab-mode refuses to activate in
org-mode, so the behavior you're seeing probably is not caused by smart-tab.

For me, if the point is on an Org heading without text, like (point marked
by "|"):

* |
lorem ipsum

and I press TAB, Org indents the heading, cycling through the levels.  If
there is any text after the * on the heading line, it cycles its visibility
instead.