Re: [O] Programmatically construct agenda from list of headline ids

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] Programmatically construct agenda from list of headline ids
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:16:52 +0000 (UTC)

Alexander Baier <alexander.baier <at> mailbox.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> As the title mentions I have a list of ids of existing org headlines and
> want create an agenda view listing all of these headlines.
>
> Is there functionality in org-agenda, that allows me to do this?
>
> Best Regards,

Nobody else has offered help yet, so I'll take a shot.  What exactly are
your "ids"?  Do you mean you have headlines with assigned CUSTOM_ID
properties, and you have a list of values for which you want to show the
headlines in agenda?  If so, I think you could just assemble the list in a
command that sticks new search conditions into one of your custom agenda views.

E.g., if you currently had a custom agenda search mapped to "i" for two
different CUSTOM_IDs, like this:

  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
           '(("i" tags "CUSTOM_ID=323|CUSTOM_ID=832")))

you could reissue command to get the search done for different list of
custom ids:

  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
           '(("i" tags "CUSTOM_ID=153|CUSTOM_ID=932|CUSTOM_ID=293")))

I haven't tested this, but I expect it or something similar would work.
There are probably tweaks you could make, e.g, list could be combined into a
regular expression so you don't need to repeat multiple 'CUSTOM_ID=' sections.

For more info on custom agenda views see:
http://orgmode.org/org.html#Custom-agenda-views
and for more info on property searches see:
http://orgmode.org/org.html#Matching-tags-and-properties