Re: [O] Bug: empty ob-stan.el when installed from ELPA [8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: empty ob-stan.el when installed from ELPA [8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-gaf853d-elpaplus @ /home/tamas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160502/)]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 12:33:04 -0400

Hello,

Tamas Papp <address@hidden> writes:

> When installing org-plus-contrib from ELPA, the file ob-stan.el is empty
> (length 0). This has been the situation for a while (see [1]), but
> cloning from the master git repo [2] was a workaround, with the
> expectation that this would eventually be fixed. However, the ELPA
> version 20160502 has the same problem.

The message you linked to didn't include the response from Nicolas
(because it was in a later archive period, I think).  Here it is:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-02/msg00054.html

  or

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/104733

org-plus-contrib is generated from maint (the branch from which 8.3.*
releases are being cut), and ob-stan.el was only introduced in the
current master branch (what will be Org 9.0).

However, I'm not sure why an empty ob-stan.el is included in the ELPA
release, rather than there being no file at all.

--
Kyle