Re: [O] Best way of including tikz into latex (pdf and beamer) export wi

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] Best way of including tikz into latex (pdf and beamer) export with preview?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 10:25:09 +0100

Hello Rainer,

Rainer M Krug writes:

> What is the best way of including tikz into org for latex export
> (beamer and pdf), and to have preview as well?

I don't know, but I do remember that using the `standalone' document
class was useful because you can keep the tikz picture in its own .tex
file, develop it using command line processing to pdf and, when it is
ready, use it in in several different documents (report, poster, thesis)
by including the .tex file file.  Not sure about previewing though.

Sorry I can't find a comprehensive example but here is an example usage
of standalone:

http://drvinceknight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/makefiles-for-tikz-sagemath-and.html

Myles