Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 14:20:02 -0700

On Fri, 20 May 2016, Nick Dokos wrote:

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

[deleted discussion of  `org-export-babel-evaluate' settings]

With ":exports results" and o-e-b-e set to nil, I get no evaluation on
export, but I get both code and results in the output.

There may have been a misunderstanding, but when I mentioned this in
the bug report, I was told this is a "feature".

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/107230/focus=107231

Not sure what exactly Chuck meant is a feature, but IIUC, the fact
that I get both code and results even if I specify ":exports results"
looks like a bug to me.

I meant this, as of commit ec615b1..., `org-export-babel-evaluate' set to
`nil' keeps the exporter from running this line

      (org-export-execute-babel-code)

during exports. So, 'no Babel code is run' in the sense that the above
line does not execute.

src-blocks and inline-src-blocks are neither run nor removed, and no
#+results:<etc> or {{{results()}}} are added, removed, or
modified. Babel handles all that. The exporter merely formats those
things once Babel is done.

So the bug, if any, is in the docstring in failing to mention that
everything that babel does is switched off.

Since the behavior that the OP wanted can be had by setting babel
header args, I don't see this as a bug even though the behavior
changed in a way that surprised him.

Chuck