Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:33:35 +0200

On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:19:52 +0200
Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm working on my first presentation using org mode together with
> > latex beamer (until now, I produce the slide using beamer only).
> >
> > The top of my org file looks like that:
> >
> > #+startup: beamer
> > #+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
> >
> > #+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
> > #+BEAMER_THEME: Boadilla
> > #+LATEX_HEADER: \author[me]{\underline{me}, co1, co2}
> > #+LATEX_HEADER: \title[short title]{multi line long title}
> > #+LATEX_HEADER: \subtitle{subtitle}
> > #+LATEX_HEADER: \institute[short institute]{multi line long
> > institute}
> >
> > This works so far, except the title. Since I do not set a title
> > using #+TITLE, org-mode sets a default \title{presentation}. How
> > can I omit that?

Sorry, can't make it work.

> > Is there a more elegant way to achieve the settings like above?
> > Especially
> >
> > - The short and version of title, author and institute.
>
> Don't know.
>
> > - The multi line (\\) formatting
>
> \\ at eol is org syntax for forced line break.
>
> > - The subtitle
>
> #+subtitle:

Neither that works for me

#+startup: beamer
#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_THEME: Boadilla
#+LATEX_HEADER: \author[me]{me and the coauthors}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \title[short title]{long title \\ next line}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \institute[short institute]{long institute}
#+subtitle: subtitle

The subtitle is ignored and the resulting tex file still contains
\title{presentation}

Thanks,
Florian