Re: [O] The power of '-'

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] The power of '-'
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 07:59:53 +0530

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 01:24:44PM -0400, Brenda Butler wrote:
> I'm not super advanced in org-mode, so take what I have to say as
> "non-authoritative", but:
>
> I don't think you need any prefix on lines in your org-mode file.
> Lines with some number of * are headers as you noted
> Lines that start with a - make a list of items.
>
> I'm not sure what you can do with lists ... but probably that has an effect
> on formatting.
> So you can have a paragraph (no prefix), then a list (list items start with
> -) then another paragraph ...

You may take a look here for an authoritative source:

  http://orgmode.org/manual/Document-structure.html#Document-structure

> I haven't tried to "export" my org files so I don't know how it would
> look.  I just use the files as a todo/done list/database/thing.

Here are some export tutorials:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/

The canonical reference is of course the manual.  You can also find a
plethora of tutorials here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/.
Note, some are quite outdated though.  That said, you need not go
through them all.  The central idea behind getting started with Org mode
is: explore as your need broadens.  Welcome to Org mode, and happy
exploring :)

Cheers,

--
Suvayu