Re: [O] table alignment with org-pretty-entities turned on

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: [O] table alignment with org-pretty-entities turned on
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:44:22 -0400

On 2016-08-31 04:25, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 Aug 2016 at 18:12, jsj wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> | a     | b | c |
>> |-------+---+---|
>> | α β |   |   |
>>
>> Is it just me or you can reproduce the same behavior?
>
> I have seen the same at times.  Not always so it may be font
> related.  Not sure.

I'm not sure I understand the problem description. Turning on prettification
does breaks table alignment; thus,

| a      | b | c |
|--------+---+---|
| \alpha |   |   |

is always displayed as

| a      | b | c |
|--------+---+---|
| α |   |   |

I can indeed reproduce this; one way to prevent it from happening would be to
prettify "\alpha" as "α     ".

On the other hand, realigning the table (by pressing tab in a cell) produces
the expected alignment:

| a | b | c |

which in turn looks wrong when prettification is disabled:

| a | b | c |
| \alpha |   |   |

Does this match your experience? If so, I don't think it's a bug, as much as a
limitation of prettification.

Clément.