Re: [O] Fwd: bug with org-babel/sqlite?

From: Dushyant Juneja
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: bug with org-babel/sqlite?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 06:14:19 +0000

Thanks, Kaushal for forwarding me the reply. Indeed, I was not on the list. I have requested a subscription now, nevertheless.

Hi Nick,

Yes. That seems to help. However, I suspect the bug is with ob-sqlite rather than sqlite itself. If I do the following directly in sqlite3 terminal, it seems to work just fine:

119 $ sqlite3
SQLite version 3.7.11 2012-03-20 11:35:50
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .mode csv
sqlite> create table foo(Year,Make,Model,Description,Price);
sqlite> .import sample1.csv foo
sqlite> select * from foo;
Year,Make,Model,Description,Price
1997,Ford,E350,"ac, abs, moon",3000.00
1999,Chevy,"Venture ""Extended Edition""","",4900.00
1999,Chevy,"Venture ""Extended Edition, Very Large""","",5000.00
1996,Jeep,"Grand Cherokee","MUST SELL!
air, moon roof, loaded",4799.00

Given that SQL is hence able to treat it properly, it looks like the bug lies with ob-sqlite wrongly interpreting the newline.

Dushyant