Re: [O] Capture with org-directory not working?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Capture with org-directory not working?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:08:14 -0500

Rainer Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you please provide an example? It is not clear to me what you mean - I
> prefer simpler!

Sure, here's an abbreviated example of custom-set-variables from my
init.el:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
  (custom-set-variables
   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
   '(org-capture-templates
     (quote
      (("a" "Appointment" entry
        (file+datetree+prompt
         (concat org-directory "/calendar.org")
         "Calendar")
        "* %^{Description} %T %^G

  %U %?" :clock-in t :clock-resume t)))))
#+END_SRC

The downside is that, if you're editing them in your init file instead
of through the customize interface, you have to eval the entire
custom-set-variables to apply changes, which requires a few extra
keystrokes.