Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:31:54 -0600

On 10/13/16 6:07 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Does this solve your problem? :)
>
> Not really. It makes my example more bearable, but using C-a is still
> a workaround, and there are also many other dances to perform in various
> other cases. So, I still think there is an usability issue that needs to
> be fixed.
>
> As another data point, `org-hide-emphasis-markers' is nil by default,
> because emphasized text can be a pain to edit when this variable is
> non-nil. I don't think links should go the opposite way.

Hi Nicolas,

I understand the problem and I agree that editing links and text around
them is not always straightforward.  However I think that what you are
proposing is a change in behavior that does not strictly solve a
technical problem.  As such, I believe, having the [ ] markers should be
an option, and probably not enabled by default.

Cheers,
Daniele