Re: [O] org-link interface

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [O] org-link interface
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 12:08:48 -0600

On 10/13/16 12:02 PM, John Kitchin wrote:
> I do not know if you can do that. I would do something like this.
>
> (defun insert-foo-link (path)
>  (interactive "sfoo path: ")
>  (insert (format "[[foo:%s][%s]]" path path)))

This has the drawback that it requires a different key-bind, instead
than using the org standard interface.

If it is not possible to teach org-insert-link to do that, it would be
an useful addition, I think.  It looks like it is possible to hook into
org-store-link to derive a description from the link type and path, but
the same is not possible with org-insert-link. I may propose a patch to
add this.

Cheers,
Daniele