Re: [O] How are people handling their calendars?

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] How are people handling their calendars?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:31:53 -0400

On 10/25/2016 05:59 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 Oct 2016 at 00:49, Scott Randby wrote:
>> Since I lack the knowledge that appears to be needed to get calendar
>> syncing to work, my need for a calendar on my phone is limited, and it
>> pains me greatly to make any changes to my calendar outside of org, I
>> have a very primitive system for transferring my calendar to my phone.
>>
>> Whenever I make a change to my calendar on my laptop, I open the agenda
>> to show the month which contains the change, export that month to an
>> html file (with a name like 2016-10.html), and upload the html file to
>
> Curiosity: how do you export the agenda month view to HTML?

I'll just give all the commands even though some of them are known to
all org users. This is a totally manual process because I don't have
time to learn how to automate it.

1. Open the agenda: C-c a

2. Switch to month view: v m

3. Navigate to the desired month. Initially, I had to export every
month during which I had stuff on my calendar, but now I just update a
month when I make a change.

4. Export to html: C-x C-w

To export to html, you need to use the .html extension when you name
the file. You can export to other file formats, but the html export is
really nice. See the Exporting Agenda Views section of the manual for
more information.

Scott