Re: [O] [Ann] org-ephermal-section-numbers

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] [Ann] org-ephermal-section-numbers
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 17:51:03 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday,  3 Nov 2016 at 15:29, Marco Wahl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> https://github.com/marcowahl/org-ephermal-section-numbers
>>
>> is a little tool to display the section numbers for a (not too crazy
>> structured) Org file.
>>
>> Possibly someone finds this useful.
>
> Interesting.  Works well although not very pretty with
> visual-line-mode and org-indent.

Thanks for the hint.  No testing has been done with these modes yet.

> More importantly, it doesn't update numbering when a
> new headline is added as far as I can tell.

Indeed there is no automatic update of the numbering.  The use case I
had in mind was to turn on the numbering for short timespans only.  Just
to see the numbers to get a slightly different view at the Org buffer.

Best regards,
--
Marco