[O] latex exporting to different directory with v9.0

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: [O] latex exporting to different directory with v9.0
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 12:54:20 +0100

Firstly, congratulations and thanks to all the contributors to the new release.

One thing that has unfortunately stopped working is my setup for exporting to pdf, putting all the intermediary (.tex, .aux, .bbl, etc) and output files in a different directory to the source .org files. My setup is basically

project/
- images/
- out/

with all the .org files in the project base directory. A simple publishing set-up exported .tex to out/ then called org-latex-compile.

With 9.0, org-latex-compile hands off to org-compile-file, in which (as documented) "`default-directory' is set to SOURCE directory during the whole process." This means, however, that all the image and bibliograpy links in the .org files are now broken, since they point to ./img/foo.png and not ../img/foo.png

It is easy enough to continue to compile from the base directory with latexmk and --output-directory, but how is it now intended to do this within org's export/publishing framework?

symlinks are not an option since I'm sometimes working on Windows.

thanks
alex