Re: [O] Mobile org on osx

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Mobile org on osx
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:37:59 -0600

Copied from my last response to a similarly vague question:

#+begin_quote
Greetings,

To help anyone with much effectiveness, background information is
critical. I'm guessing you're referring to Mobile Org (not Org Mobile)
and infer you might be using the iPhone version (since your address is
icloud).

Other than that... we're completely in the dark. What was your syncing
backend (dropbox, ssh, other)? What settings did you apply per the
instructions? [1] Did you even follow the instructions? At what stage,
specifically, did you get said message?

More details from you = better help from us.

John

[1] http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

#+end_quote

You're free to continue sending one line emails to the list, but I
promise we can't help you without more details. Mobile Org for iPhone
(still unclear if you're using that version or Android, though icloud
and now OSX suggest iPhone) allows for dropbox and webdav sync. So the
answer with current minimal knowledge is "maybe?" What are
installation files? *If* you select Dropbox as your sync backend then
it is used as an online repository for a local Org-mode installation
(on computer) to sync between a mobile device (such as an iPhone).
So... typically .org files would be visible in the Dropbox directory
you selected. I don't know what you did, what you think should happen,
what you actually see... so I can't help.

John